We are thrilled to confirm that the Eisteddfod’s participation in the Dick Smith Foods `$1m to Charity’ campaign was successful. We were one of the top 37 organisations when voting closed on 30 June, and received a $10,000 from Dick Smith at Sydney’s Wayside Chapel on 8 July.
Many thanks to everyone who assisted with this effort.
This level of generosity underlined the fantastic work Dick Smith plays in Australian society. All proceeds from purchase of Dick Smith Foods goes to community groups such as the Eisteddfod.
For further information see.
Here is a link to the article in the Canberra CityNews.
For older news articles please click here
2014 Launch Photos
The general calendar for 2014 can be found here.
Australian National Eisteddfod Competitions
The Australian National Eisteddfod invites entries in more than 200 age and level based sections - from 6 years and under to open, for solo and group performance and competition in voice and instrument. This year there are six competitions:
- Bands and Orchestras – concert, jazz, brass, rock and school bands and orchestras (most sections non-competitive)
- Choirs - including The Australian Choral Challenge
- Piano- including open piano recital
- Speech and Drama- including the Bard competition and Speech choirs
To enter, please check the appropriate syllabus, rules and competition dates on competition page. Then print/download, complete and post the entry form to join the fun and excitement of eisteddfod competitions.
This is an accommodation list particuarly suited to large groups (like choirs).
The Australian National Eisteddfod is a registered non-profit community organisation and is always in need of sponsorship and support to enable the events to be undertaken. To maximise accessibility, the organisation keeps the costs for participants and audiences as low as possible. Every donation, however small, is greatly appreciated, and will be used to assist in providing opportunities for many groups and individuals to grow and learn in the performing arts.
Donations will assist with covering the expenses incurred through running the Eisteddfod, including, but not limited to:
- the engagement of qualified, experienced expert adjudicators to provide advice and guidance for performance growth;
- the hire of leading venues for events which offer performers a unique experience;
- trophies, medals and certificates;
- prize money; and
- refreshments to help the many volunteers we need each year to conduct the events.
Donations are tax deductible.