Here is the 2015 calendar:
1. Bands & Orchestras - May 21-28 (entries closed)
2. Piano - August 17-22 entries close 1 July; late entries (with fee) 8 July. Syllabus is available here
3. Choirs - August 21-22 (entries close July 10). The 2015 Choirs Syllabus is available here
4. Singing - September 19-20 (entries close June 30)
5. Speech & Drama to be advised
The 2015 Bands and Orchestras syllabus is now online here.
The September edition of our newsletter can be downloaded here.
Australian National Eisteddfod 2015 Competitions
The Australian National Eisteddfod invites entries in more than 200 age and level based sections - from 6 years and under to open, for solo and group performance and competition in voice and instrument.Submit your entry and join the fun and excitement of one of the major Eisteddfodau in the country:
- Bands and Orchestras – concert, jazz, brass, rock and school bands and instrumental ensembles and orchestras (most sections non-competitive)
- Choirs - iThe Australian Choral Challenge, Age Championships, thematic open sections and school competitions
- Piano- including open piano recital
- Speech and Drama- including the Bard competition and Speech choirs
The syllabus, including detailed rules, dates and entry fees, for each competition is available from the link below.
For the 2015 competitions, the Australian National Eisteddfod has introduced the STARDOM online entry system. To enter go to:
http://www.stardom.com.au. If you need assistance with the system please do not hesitate to contact the competition convenor.
This is an accommodation list particuarly suited to large groups (like choirs).
The Australian National Eisteddfod is a registered non-profit community organisation and is always in need of sponsorship and support to enable the events to be undertaken. To maximise accessibility, the organisation keeps the costs for participants and audiences as low as possible. Every donation, however small, is greatly appreciated, and will be used to assist in providing opportunities for many groups and individuals to grow and learn in the performing arts.
Donations will assist with covering the expenses incurred through running the Eisteddfod, including, but not limited to:
- the engagement of qualified, experienced expert adjudicators to provide advice and guidance for performance growth;
- the hire of leading venues for events which offer performers a unique experience;
- trophies, medals and certificates;
- prize money; and
- refreshments to help the many volunteers we need each year to conduct the events.
Donations are tax deductible.