Here is the 2015 calendar:
- Bands & Orchestras - May 21-28 (entries close March 31)
- Piano - August 17-22
- Choirs - August 21-22 (entries close July 10)
- Singing - September
- Speech & Drama to be advised
The 2015 Bands and Orchestras syllabus is now online here.
The September edition of our newsletter can be downloaded here.
For older news articles please click here
2014 Launch Photos
Australian National Eisteddfod Competitions
The Australian National Eisteddfod invites entries in more than 200 age and level based sections - from 6 years and under to open, for solo and group performance and competition in voice and instrument. This year there are six competitions:
- Bands and Orchestras – concert, jazz, brass, rock and school bands and orchestras (most sections non-competitive)
- Choirs - including The Australian Choral Challenge
- Piano- including open piano recital
- Speech and Drama- including the Bard competition and Speech choirs
To enter, please check the appropriate syllabus, rules and competition dates on competition page. Then print/download, complete and post the entry form to join the fun and excitement of eisteddfod competitions.
This is an accommodation list particuarly suited to large groups (like choirs).
The Australian National Eisteddfod is a registered non-profit community organisation and is always in need of sponsorship and support to enable the events to be undertaken. To maximise accessibility, the organisation keeps the costs for participants and audiences as low as possible. Every donation, however small, is greatly appreciated, and will be used to assist in providing opportunities for many groups and individuals to grow and learn in the performing arts.
Donations will assist with covering the expenses incurred through running the Eisteddfod, including, but not limited to:
- the engagement of qualified, experienced expert adjudicators to provide advice and guidance for performance growth;
- the hire of leading venues for events which offer performers a unique experience;
- trophies, medals and certificates;
- prize money; and
- refreshments to help the many volunteers we need each year to conduct the events.
Donations are tax deductible.